6. Juli 2012

Toulouse

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

A very special story today. A story why I bought Mavala Toulouse, what it means to me, and why. The shade is not even not my favourite.. It's all about the name. Here is where it all it comes from:

In the beginning of my -teen ages I read one French novel, where the main action took place in XVII century in Toulouse, France. I loved the book, and re-read it 2-3 times more afterwards. Some years later, very randomly I met a French guy in the Internet - interesting to talk to, handsome and charming. Besides, he played guitar and sang in a band. We used to spend days and evenings chatting and fooling around, we sent SMS to each other and even exchanged gifts. The whole thing was so romantic, and if you know the French people, you'll understand what I mean... :) But apart from that, I had my real life, and it was very vivid, too. So, I met some other guy in "real world", and my priorities shifted. The French guy did not want to accept it - well, his right, but I felt very pity about it. We stopped any communication, although for me it was hurtful, and I know for him too. Funny thing: we STILL have each other on Skype, but never write to each other. Never. We never met in reality, too.

Oh, the guy was from Toulouse. And the swatches below are made in the room where I know he was once. 

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

Enough romance? :) Some words about the shade: coral pink semi-jelly, not very easy to handle as it's very runny. Needs 2-3 coats depending on your wish/time, dries fast though.  

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

And it's also a very sun-friendly polish! Look how it shines:

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

Mavala Toulouse nail polish

Uf, now that I remembered all these times I became so melancholic :) But I guess I wanted to share this. Imagine if he crosses upon this post one day, hehe. 

16 Kommentare:

  1. A polish with a story - I guess it always well be special to you. I think it looks good on you!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Amazingly, it looks fine, I agree :) Ususally me and corals - we are not so compatible :)

      Löschen
  2. Oh, so that is the story behind Toulouse. I'm so happy I finally know it. I am also very amused by the fact that the polish is hard to handle but it shines a lot, just like the whole situation you just told us about :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, now you know the story and why I wanted this polish :) And you are right, although seemengly I shouldn't like this type of colour and it shouldn't suit me - it works fine still! Magic :)

      Löschen
  3. Интересная история и шикарный маникюр)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. О, как я тебя понимаю насчет сентиментальности и меланхолии....
    Ты, кстати, про Анжелику? )))
    А цвет прекрасен и тебя ОЧЕНЬ идет. Вот если присмотрется, очень хорошо вымешаны в лаке оттенки, результат получился достаточно неизбитым.
    Но я бы тоже купила за одно название )))

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Да вы, мадам, эксперт в литературе :) Ага, очень давно у бабушки с пыльной полки выцепила и зачиталась :) Там были только первые две части, мама посоветовала дальше не читать, чтоб впечатление не портить))) Цвет к моему удивлению и правда хорош, даже к тону кожи очень хорошо подошел - уникальный случай) Мы с кораллами обычно не дружим)

      Löschen
  5. The polish might not be "special", but your story really is...I can see why you wanted this shade!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yup :) I really wanted this polish just because of the name, even the "usuality" of the shade did not stop me :)

      Löschen
  6. Тулуза - это Анжелика - Маркиза Ангелов? Я эту книжку в детстве до дыр зачитала :) Лаку это название очень подходит, очень женственный и романтичный цвет.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ого, я думала, я одна такая, кто эту книжку читал)) Говорят в Тулузе то ли розовые горы известные, то ли равнины, видимо поэтому такой цвет. Вот интересно, чем они руководствовались, когда Мавале Минск оттенок подбирали)

      Löschen
    2. Серыми панельными 9-тиэтажками? :)

      Löschen
    3. Хорошо, если так)))

      Löschen
  7. Love the color on you and really loved the story too <3

    AntwortenLöschen